To receive a Secondary School Diploma (SSD) a student must:
- Accumulate 54 credits in Secondary 4 and 5.
- Twenty (20) of these credits must be at the Secondary 5 level.
The following credits are compulsory:
- Secondary 5 Language of Instruction (English) 6 credits
- Secondary 5 Second Language (French) 4 credits
- Secondary 4 Math 4 credits
- Secondary 4 Science & Technology 4 credits
- Secondary 4 History and Citizenship 4 credits
- Secondary 4 Visual Art, Dance, Drama or Music 2 credits
- Secondary 5 Ethics, Religious Culture or Phys. Ed. 2 credits
Many CEGEP programs have specific pre-requisites (entrance requirements) such as Math 506, Chemistry, Physics, etc.
Please check CEGEP websites to make sure you have the requirements for the program you are interested in.
If you have any questions, speak with your Guidance Counsellor.